JOIN NOW BENEFITS
OF MEMBERSHIP MEMBER
LOGIN PHOTO, PODCAST, VIDEO GALLERY BLOG
& FORUM GREATERREADINGVOICE.COM GRBRC.COM WOMEN2WOMEN
Policy Agenda & Positions
Through a collective effort between our Government Affairs and Standing Issues Subcommittees, Board of Directors and our membership, the Chamber is able to take a strong stand on the positions that matter most to Berks County's private sector and broader community - helping to build Berks County economy and quality of life. Issues were identified and categorize into public policy goals that are important and related to the cost of doing business.
2010 - 2011 Policy Agenda
Now more than ever, a united and empowered business community is critical to improving our state's economy and building a business climate that facilitates job creation and growth for the benefit of all Pennsylvanians. The leaders of the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce & Industry have adopted an agenda that recognizes the incomparable challenges we face and the creative policy responses they demand.The 2010-2011 PA Business Agenda includes key building blocks to a competitive economy:
- PA budget process, taxation, compliance costs and spending policies that encourage investment;
- a solid support system for entrepreneurship and innovation;
- a workforce with skills to compete in the global economy;
- an affordable and sustainable health care system;
- an efficient infrastructure that sustains advanced technologies and an evolving economy;
- affordable and reliable energy along with incentives for technology and conservation programs;
- a common-sense legal and regulatory climate;
- a balanced trade policy and competitive business climate; and,
- a modified legislative framework in which municipalities operate.
To read the 2010-2011 Chamber's Policy Positions on Tax Combined Reporting, Tax Elimination of 1% Sales Tax, Trade and Transportation visit GreaterReadingVoice.com.
© Copyright The Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce & Industry
All rights reserved | 201 Penn Street | Suite 501 | Reading, PA 19601 | Tel 610-376-6766 | Fax 610-376-4135 | Email